- Abbi (CMMC President)
Yummy Mummy Dogs!
What you need:
8 Hotdogs (1 pack)
2 Slices of American cheese (if you don't like cheese, you don't have to use it!)
1 can of crescent rolls
Ketchup or mustard, or whatever you like on your hotdogs (relish, chili, mayo..)
Follow these instructions:
Before you start, make sure to wash your hands!
1) Heat oven to 375°F.
2) Unroll the crescent dough but do not separate the triangles where you see the pre-made cuts. It should be a big rectangle.
3) With a knife or kitchen scissors, cut to create long strips of dough (these will be the mummy dressings). There should be about 40 of these strips and they can be different sizes, that’s okay! We can use the smaller pieces as a hat!
4) Cut the cheese slices into 4 strips, they should be long and skinny like the dough we just made! You will have 8 of these, one for each hotdog “mummy”!
5) This is the part where you can get creative! First put a slice of cheese along the hotdog long ways. Then wrap 4 pieces of dough (one at a time) around the hotdog until its nice and cozy. Make sure the spread out the “bandages” so every bite will have crescent roll. The hotdog mummy should look like he has bandages on now!
6) You will want to leave a small opening about ½ an inch from one end of the hotdog. This will be the mummies “face”. If you already covered his face, THAT’S OKAY! Just create a small opening using your finger
7) On greased large cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down).
8) Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot.
9) Let those puppies cool for a few minutes and then with mustard or other toppings, draw features on the mummy "face". 2 dots for the eyes and a small mouth will do the trick!
10) Chow down! These are going to be your new favorite way to eat hotdogs, YUMMY!